For the Fabris family fostering the arts is synonymous with deep admiration for everything which succeeds in thrilling the soul. It is also the clear manifestation of bringing added value to a town such as Conegliano, popular, now as then, thanks to the arts. Piero Fabris, descendent of a noble lineage from the Cadore region and married to Bruna Da Ponte (daughter of Andrea), fell in love with the theatre and cinema, after having seen in 1930 “The Song of Love”, the film directed by Gennaro Righelli. The awareness of the artistic, cultural and financial potential of the new art was immediate to the extent that the film work of the family began that very year, culminating in the multiplex cinema dedicated to the director Georges Méliès. At the same time the Fabris family also managed their own theatre, the Accademia, built in ten years and inaugurated on 5 September 1869, one of the town’s architectural glories and also a centre of drama of prime magnitude in north-eastern Italy. Since 1946 the work in cinema has been joined by social theatre following a string of successes, also heightened by the presence of major show business personalities who have chosen to work at the theatre in Conegliano. Thus, for the Da Ponte family, art is an unquestionable lead player on the stage and in the actual company where exclusive excellence is distilled.